Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chicken Perlo Recipes

FMC would not have changed his name ...



In any case, not for CME!


FMC is a is a Canadian law firm specializing in business law and litigation. It has offices throughout the country and I am sure they are very competent in law. In terms of marketing, however ...


I must admit my failure and my disbelief for companies that have only letters in their names. When the situation is historical (at IBM), I can understand but when the company consciously decided to sell the alphabet beyond me (by the way dear readers, you should prohibit anyone from your organization to truncate and Acronyms your corporate identity I know Jean-Jacques, the verb does not exist but it is nice! -).


Note that it is not so surprising that FMC will lead to the name when we see the generic side and any of its positioning and communications (we could rely on a corporate signature for assist the potential client to decode the company). I bet I could swap their marketing pitch with that of another firm and that nobody would see the difference. As a neophyte, I tell myself that it must be a generalist firm that does not want or can not commit to a definite image. Consequently, the choice of CME probably results compromise, fatigue or habit.


It is clear that nobody in the legal world should pronounce the name in all its original glory (and length). Without being a lawyer, I'm willing to bet it's under the name Fraser was known. This also corresponds to one of my theory that seeks to shorten the names that exceed four syllables.


That said, corporate names that use only letters have certain advantages. They are short, bilingual and can accept any What graphical environment. Unfortunately, they are insignificant and not very memorable. In fact, Trinity has FMC is so frequent that there is even a Wikipedia page to identify and navigate! It has no fewer than 33 companies and organizations (at least, representatives of the firm have had the presence of mind to register their company and the ability to properly reference it on Google).


All in all, it would probably have been wiser for FMC to simply shorten their name to Fraser. Quebec entrepreneurs francophones would not have offended the gesture. Moreover, Blakes Cassels Graydon now appears under Blakes and I understand that Gowling Lafleur Henderson has increasingly known as Gowlings. Lavery, de Billy Lavery uses the brand in all communications.

The funniest in this whole situation is that law firms are required by law to indicate that they are partnerships with limited liability. In the case before us today, it becomes: FMC LLP Even Scrabble, it's not playable.
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment